LIFE-NWPA is your alternative to Community Health Choices
LIFE (Living Independence for the Elderly)
LIFE is an option that allows older Pennsylvanians to live independently while receiving services and supports that meet the health and personal needs of the individual.
Living Independence for the Elderly (LIFE) is a managed care program that provides a comprehensive, all-inclusive package of medical and supportive services. The program is known nationally as the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE). All PACE providers in Pennsylvania have “LIFE” in their name. The first programs were implemented in Pennsylvania in 1998.
To be eligible for LIFE, you must:
- Be age 55 or older
- Meet the level of care needs for a skilled nursing facility or a special rehabilitation facility
- Meet the financial requirements as determined by your local County Assistance Office or be able to privately pay
- Reside in an area served by a LIFE provider
- Be able to be safely served in the community as determined by a LIFE provider
LIFE-NWPA Services Include:
- Medications & Medication Management
- Medical Equipment & Supplies
- Physician & Specialist Services
- Social Services
- On-call Services
- Adult Day Health Center
- Nutrition Services
- Hearing Aids
- Home Care
- Personal Care
- Skilled Care
- Dental Care
- Vision Care
Al services are coordinated and proved by the LIFE-NWPA Care Team and its network of providers.
Why should seniors choose LIFE-NWPA as their healthcare plan?
The LIFE program in Pennsylvania is a part of the National Program for All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), which has been around for over 40 years with the goal of helping seniors stay independent in their own homes and communities as they age.
LIFE-NWPA has been providing services in Northwestern Pennsylvania for over 10 years and currently provides care in 9 counties, soon to be 12 counties. That is almost the entire Northwestern region of Pennsylvania!
LIFE-NWPA is the alternative to Community Health Choices for seniors in Northwestern Pennsylvania.
LIFE-NWPA provides high quality care with respect and dignity for all its seniors.
LIFE-NWPA’s approach to care is PREVENTATIVE AND HOLISTIC! The LIFE-NWPA team provides personal care to their seniors by placing their needs and wishes first and foremost. The LIFE team works diligently to prevent accidents, falls, illnesses, emergency room visits and hospitalizations for its seniors. The LIFE-NWPA team doesn’t wait for something to happen before they respond, they respond BEFORE something happens!
LIFE-NWPA provides coverage for all prescription medications and over the counter medications as needed. As a matter of fact, these medications are delivered right to the doorstep of its seniors in pre-filled bubble packs. LIFE-NWPA takes all the worry out of medication management!
Seniors who participate in the LIFE-NWPA program are assessed and care planned on a daily basis by their care team. LIFE participants and their caregivers are an important part of this process and are involved every step of the way!
LIFE-NWPA seniors do not have to worry about scheduling their own medical appointments and transportation to those appointments. The LIFE team does that for them!
LIFE-NWPA gives back to its communities! The LIFE-NWPA network of providers includes local hospitals, specialists and services.
Your LIFE-NWPA team is available and on-call for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! That includes your physician and nurses too!
Interested in learning more?
Contact us today to find out if LIFE-NWPA could be the right health plan for you or a loved one.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am currently enrolled in Community Health Choices. Can I still enroll in LIFE-NWPA? Yes! LIFE-NWPA is the Community Health Choices alternative option. If you are 55 or older and eligible, you may select the LIFE-NWPA program at any time.
- What health care options do I have to choose from? If you are 55 or older and eligible, you can choose to enroll in the LIFE-NWPA Program, or you can select one of the State-approved managed care organizations.
- What if I am currently receiving home care or other services through the Pennsylvania Aging Waiver program? The State will replace the PA Aging Waiver Program with Community Health Choices. Participants in this program must choose a provider to coordinate their care. Participants receiving Aging Waiver services meet all of the eligibility requirements for the LIFE Program and can transition seamlessly to LIFE-NWPA.